This site is archived. For my brand new live site go to Struggle Forever!

14 December 2006

The Inaugrual Blog

I know what most of you are thinking right now, “He’s sold out!” “He’s become a technophile!” “He’s not wearing any pants!” Well I have three things to say to that:
1) Why should I care what you think?
2) At least it isn’t a MySpace account, and
3) What I wear in my home is my god damn business thank you very much!
So why in god’s name have I started blogging? (it’s such an idiotic word, but I don’t have anything better at the moment)
Could it be to feed my mega-maniacal ego? Maybe.
Is it because I get a kick out of seeing my name in print? Probably.
But it’ll also give me a chance to spew the contents of my brain into a public forum and hopefully get some feedback. Jeremy's 32nd law: Mental meanderings without external feedback inevitably degenerate into schizophrenia, and I’m tired of being schizophrenic.
Additionally, I hope that it will help me bring together my diaspora of friends as I venture back home to Lawrence (and to all of you North-Easterners who've given me shit about that, I think my fellow Lawrencians will back me up when I say, you just can't understand until you've lived there!).
Now, I have no intention of boring you with the minutiae of my miserable existence. Also, I will not regurgitate easily accessible information, or the tired talking points of the mainstream media. I will try to be unique and offer you something to chew on – even if it is just gristle. I don’t care whether or not you like what I say – it’s my blog and I’ll use it how I god-damn please (within the prescribed boundaries set by blogspot, of course). However, I do care about what all of you think, so if you have some thoughtful input please post it. That said, here are the rules: First, no stupid pointless posts that don’t make any sense at all, we all know “Wu-Tang Rules!!” we don’t need to read it again and again and again; Second, no arguing, if you’re not willing to go three rounds of bare-knuckle boxing for it then it isn’t worth fighting over (will someone please tell me what movie that’s from!?); finally, please wear your pants at all times. There might be more later – you all know how authoritarian I can be – but that’s enough for now.
So…..Let The Blogging (really, we’ve got to get a better word for it) Begin!!!!!

6 comments:

Brendan said...

Shaolin Rules!

pat said...

Well Brendan it seems you've beat me to the wit, and to you I say "touche," but to Jeremy, now that I don't have anything to post, I'll predict the future, always a good backup:

someday a publisher, weary of releasing sappy love stories, will stumble accidentally upon your blog and publish your collected posts, which will become world reknown for their political and psychological incite, eventually leading to your Knighting by the Queen: "Sir Jeremy the Blogger." After you will live a quite life, posting and ranting about the world's delusions until you surcom to a sudden and inoperable brain tumor, caused my computer screen radiation. You'll die. Then, on your tomb stone they will engrave "Sir Jeremy the Blogger: he was the best blogging had ever seen." Your legend will live on to sprout a new era of blogs and social movement. People across the globe will unify under the banner "Remember Jeremy the Blogger." Cars will be abandoned for bikes, Wal-Marts will be burned, and the last blog you posted will become the groundwork for a whole new world.

OK, like I said, I didn't have anything to say, and I meant it!!!

Jeremy Trombley said...

For those of you who don't know anything about Lawrence read Coal Wars It's a good example of how Lawrence is on the front line of the American culture clash.

Josh said...

Jeremy! Look forward to seein' ya back in Lawrence. We need some more sharp minds, the scales are tipping toward the hipsters, rednecks, the apathetic masses, and the stoners (Wait...I guess everything is the same...the apathetic masses just got bigger...)
Hope to hear some thought-provoking words here that I can discuss and not-argue with (pugilism is not my forte)
I'll do my best to keep the discussion slighly above juvenile level (also not exactly my forte..)
Anyway, like I said, travel safe; see you in January! Bring seafood! =)

ps-and drums if you still play

phillipbuntin said...

Hi, J...I hear Lawrence is really cool! At least it isn't Ohio...picture frown face phillip here

Josiah said...

Lookin forward to reading your blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails