This site is archived. For my brand new live site go to Struggle Forever!

30 April 2008

A Tragic Interlude


I'm apologize in advance for interrupting the chicha brewing experiment with some sad news. I just learned that Albert Hofmann, the father of LSD, died today at the age of 102. I'm not generally very enthusiastic about drugs, and LSD is not unique in that regard, but I feel strongly that Albert Hofmann, along with Aldous Huxley, was one of the few sane voices in the research of psychedelic experience. It's unfortunate that his wisdom continues to go largely unheeded on both sides of the issue.
With that in mind, I've decided to dedicate this batch of chicha to Albert Hofmann - the father of LSD, and a brilliant ethnopharmacologist. Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails