This site is archived. For my brand new live site go to Struggle Forever!

29 April 2009

Renewing Faith in Human Decency



I just came across this site while reading my anthropology blogs, and thought it would be nice to share. I suggest watching the video - it's really heart-warming. The little lost robot is trying to make his way from one corner of the park to the other with the help of passers-by. Surprisingly, he succeeds, and this goes a long way to renewing my faith in human decency.
Then, in comes the cynic. I wonder if the people who helped this robot would be as kind to a robot that was ugly or horrifying, or how they would treat a simple mechanical object with the same kind of instructions. Does the fact that this robot is small, pudgy and child-like affect the way people respond to it? It would be an interesting project. What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails