This site is archived. For my brand new live site go to Struggle Forever!

10 November 2010

Rally to Restore Sanity

Hey everyone, sorry I've been a bit absent from here of late - I've been very busy with school work, and other work, then I was sick for about two weeks... it's been a very hectic time in general. I've had a lot of fun amongst all of the craziness, though. One thing I got to do - one of the benefits of living close to DC - was go to the Rally to Restore Sanity on Oct. 30. It was just amazing. I've never seen that many people in my life let alone been in amongst them. The trains were full, and the crowd was packed shoulder to shoulder filling up the National Mall. It was a great experience even if I couldn't really see what was going on. I was lucky to have my friends Josh and Meg come in from Kansas to go along with me, and we met up with my other friend Brendan afterward so it was a great time all together. I took a few videos - mostly I got the crowds, since we couldn't see the stage from where we were at. It'll give you an idea of what it was like, though, I hope. Please forgive the crappy cinematography - I don't have much practice with the camera yet. I'll post some thoughts on it all later, maybe, but right now I've got to get back to work. :)


Crowded Metro Station


Crowd on the Mall


Interesting Sign...


Crowd Moving Away from the Mall.

2 comments:

Josh said...

What a good time it was...and nobody yelled like an a$$ or acted like a douche. I was hoping you got a video of the Metro when we left; I think it was even more packed then.
Man, so that sniffle really developed into a bad one huh? Sorry to hear that...hope we didn't make you miss too much sleep; we really appreciated you driving us around and giving us the whirlwind tour. I promise I'll look closer at my flight info before booking a ticket next time so you don't have to get up in the middle of the night to bring us to the airport =)
Take care, man!

Jeremy Trombley said...

I don't think it had anything to do with waking up early. It was just a fluke thing - one of my glands got infected and was really swollen so I couldn't talk or eat solid foods too well. I got some antibiotics, and I'm all better now - no worries. I had a great time, and was really happy you, Meg, and Brendan could make it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails