This site is archived. For my brand new live site go to Struggle Forever!

20 April 2011

Summer Work

It's good to know that I won't have to worry about funding for the next four years thanks to a generous assistantship offered by the University of Maryland.  However, I do have to think about how I'm going to fund my life over the summer.  As it turns out, my professor will not be able to pay me during the summer for working on the climate change project that I'm working on now.  I will still be doing some work on it during that time - interviews, data analysis, etc. - but not enough to justify paying me.  As a result, I'm looking for a temporary job. 
What's interesting to me is that, now that I have a master's degree (or will in another month), I have no idea what kind of jobs I can look for or where those jobs might be found - particularly temporary positions!  I'm looking on the UMD website for summer GAships, have looked at the usual job finding sites, and skimmed the EAnth listserv, but I honestly haven't found too much.  So I'm posting here to see if anyone has any suggestions.  Better yet, if you have a job for me, let me know!  :)

2 comments:

Josh said...

Congratulations on your assistantship! Wish I could help with a job..

S.G. said...

I have one possible lead for you if the job isn't already filled. It's in Beltsville, MD. I tried to send you an email but it wouldn't go through. Maybe I had the wrong address. So when you get this shoot me an email...

Related Posts with Thumbnails